Wanna start making $$$ as a cam model? Read this…
About once a week or so, I get at least one email from a girl asking how she can get started as a webcam model. My response to that question is this; It’s easy to become a live cam girl. It takes a bit more work to actually get good at it and make serious money. This post is for anyone who wants to do cam girl stuff and get paid like a boss.
How the hell do I know what I’m talking about? Because I’ve been writing about porn since 2009 and in between getting blackout drunk and crying on the toilet, I’ve met and talked to a whole bunch of live webcam models and have learned what works and what doesn’t.
And because the voice in my head (which I’m pretty sure is Satan) tells me things.
5 things you need to do to make money as a live cam girl…
- Treat this as a job. Yeah, I know, you probably wanna start webcamming so that you can quit your job. But the thing is, if you think you can just turn on the webcam, do some sexy stuff and then take a bath in all the cash you’re gonna make…that isn’t how it works.To be successful as a webcam model requires dedication on your part. You have to put in work on a regular basis and build your business. Because this is your business.
- Give them an interactive show. If you wanna make money at camming, you need to give your audience a reason to throw dolla dolla bills at you. That requires building a rapport with the people watching you perform. Chat with them. Respond to what they’re saying to you. And, yeah, probably do dildo stuff every now and then.The more they like you…the more money they’ll give you. And if you ask any veteran live cam girl, they’ll tell you that it’s their “regular” customers, the ones who come back time and time again, who give them the biggest tips.
- Market the shit out of yourself. Get on Twitter and Instagram and start posting pics and video of yourself. Tell people when and where you’ll be camming. Follow other cam models and see how they promote themselves. You gotta sell yourself day in and day out if you wanna build a following and a regular audience.
- Invest in some high-quality equipment. Ever heard the saying, “You gotta spend money to make money?” Well, yeah, you do. Go out and get yourself a decent webcam, some lights and some exciting costumes and lingerie. If your webcam show looks like shit, ain’t nobody gonna give you money.Think of this as an investment in yourself. Because if you won’t invest in you, who will? Spoiler alert: Not me.
- Get yourself on a schedule. If you wanna cam three times a week, figure out which three days and times you can perform on a regular basis and then stick to that. And you need to stick to it. Same days and times, along with maybe some bonus shows thrown in here and there, each week, every week.This is important. Cam models who perform on a regular schedule make a shit-ton of more money than those who just do whatever whenever. If you think that you can just do shows at any random day and time and the people will show up…they won’t.
Now go do it.
If you wanted to know what it takes to become a live cam girl, this certainly isn’t everything you’ll need to know, but it’s a pretty good start. If you stick to the five points I’ve outlined above, and avoid getting addicted to the angel dust, you’ll figure the rest out as you go.
Unless you’re an idiot. Then, yeah, you probably won’t figure shit out. But I’m rooting for ya’!