Die-Screaming interviews pornstar/director Derrick Pierce
Derrick Pierce is a pretty talented guy. In addition to being one of the most popular male adult performers in the porn industry, Pierce also recently directed his first feature adult film – Tuff Love – for Wicked Pictures. In an interview with Die-Screaming, Derrick Pierce talked about how he got his start in the porn industry, why he’s such a fan of Deadpool, and what he wants to accomplish next.
Before getting to the interview, however, allow me to provide a brief introduction to Derrick Pierce for those that aren’t familiar. Before beginning his career as an adult performer, Pierce had an eighteen year career as a certified personal trainer and an MMA instructor. Derrick first entered the porn industry in 2008 and has since established himself as “the bad boy of porn”, thanks in large part to his tattoos, MMA background, and tough-guy exterior. Having played Bane, The Mandarin, and Deadpool in some of the biggest comic book themed porn parodies doesn’t hurt that reputation, either.
Now, on to the interview…
1. Could you talk a bit about how you got your start in the adult entertainment industry?
I was dating someone who was new to the business. During the beginning of her career, I started to meet a lot of people who owned companies &/or directed etc. Basically, it came down to money. She & I discussed the financial gains possible. I basically lied my way into my 1st scene, claiming that I had started “shooting scenes” when, in actuality I hadn’t shot anything. 🙂
2. What is the most important lesson that you’ve learned since entering the porn industry?
SAVE YOUR DAMN MONEY! When I 1st got into the biz my girlfriend & I were making money hand over fist. You couldn’t tell me anything. After all the sitcom porn parodies starting coming on, it became really tough for me. I wasn’t able to get much casting in them because of my damn bald head & tattoos. But then came the comic book parodies & I kinda fell into a niche.
3. Derrick, you’ve made a name for yourself as frequently playing the role of “the bad guy” in several high profile comic book porn parodies, such as Iron Man XXX, The Wolverine XXX, and The Dark Knight Rises XXX. What is it about you that makes you such a great villain?
Well to be honest I think it’s my build. I’m 6 feet tall & 210lbs. Not really a small guy. Seems as though the costumes have a tendency to fit just right for these movies. Not to mention that I LOVE the comic book stuff. I understand the attention to detail that is necessary to pull those things off. The “Mandarin” character was more or less my visual creation (except for the costumes). In order to get that role I gathered up a bunch of photos, went & looked @ tons of wigs, hired a make up artist, used prosthetic eyes & sent the pics to Axel Braun.
4. If you could be any villain in any movie, who would you be and why?
I’m a HUGE Deadpool fan these days. I don’t exactly consider him a “villain”. He is just a bad good guy. Almost comic relief. He just wants to be in the thick of things. Kind of like a big kid. He just runs into a room & wants to knock a few people off when he notices “Hey Storm’s got great tits…”
5. You’ve already established yourself as one of the top male performers in the adult entertainment industry. Now that you’ve directed your first porn film, do you have any plans to perform less and spend more time behind the camera as a director and/or producer?
I am super happy directing & writing & I do plan to slow down performing, but not stop. I really love what I do & hopefully it shows.
6. Do you think being an experienced performer makes you a better director?
Hell yes! I understand the plight of the porn actor. I know EXACTLY what he is going through. I know the feeling of doing your 2nd condom scene of the day at 2 in the morning. That gets me one step closer to the product I’m making.
7. Final question. As someone who has certainly already accomplished so much within the industry, what is the single most important goal for you to achieve within the next year?
Be on that XBIZ & AVN stage as both a director & performer.