Die-Screaming interviews porn superstar Dani Daniels
Dani Daniels is a pretty big deal. Since entering porn in in 2011, she has gone on to establish herself as one of the most popular and successful performers currently working in the industry. Not content with just being one of the hottest pornstars around, Ms. Daniels has also ventured into directing porn films for the likes of Filly Films and Penthouse.
I recently had the opportunity to ask Dani Daniels a few questions. Here’s how that went…
1. Considering all that you’ve accomplished since starting your porn career in 2011, I don’t think it’s a stretch to label you as one of the most successful pornstars in the business. What’s been the secret to your success?
Awe thanks! *blush* – I just enjoy having sex. I don’t do anything I don’t wanna do and I don’t work with anyone I don’t want to work with. It makes for a happy and enjoyable work environment that I feel you can see in my scenes.
2. In addition to performing in porn movies, you’ve also directed several. Does having experience performing porn make you a better porn director? And vice versa?
Maybe a little? As far as hiring performers, chemistry, compassion, and positions? Yes. As far as artistic vision (shots, storylines and editing)? No. I don’t think any performer can just pick up a camera and direct (I’m not saying I’m even good at it). I think it takes creativity, intelligence, and being able to actually shoot a scene.
You can’t just hire a crew and sit on your ass and stamp your name on something. I mean you can, but that’s really not directing. It’s sitting on your ass and stamping your name on something. But that being said I think there are a lot of great “talent” directors that actually know what they are doing. Take James Deen and Bonnie Rotten for example.
3. I think most people view you as primarily a girl/girl performer who also does a little girl/guy porn now and then. But considering all the girl/guy porn that you’ve been doing (Wet Panties, Deeper, The Whore of Wall Street, etc.), do you think that’s an accurate description?
I think people are used to seeing me with women because I enjoy it the most and I did it for 2.5 years before taking on dicks. As well as bi and actually enjoy getting women off. But I would consider myself 50/50. I like dick don’t get me wrong, but I LOVE tits and ass! 😉
4. Who are your favorite pornstars to work with?
I hate this question. Because I love so many people I just can’t narrow it down. Off the top of my head if I casted a movie right this second it would be with Prince, James Deen, Michael Vegas, Summer Brielle, Sinn Sage, Abigail Mac, Cherie Deville, and Karlie Montana. But ask me in 5 minutes and that would probably change.
5. I imagine that you probably don’t have a lot of free time. But when you do, what do you do to unwind and relax?
I don’t! I actually moved to San Diego to FORCE myself to have free time. I’m chilling with my dog Darwin or painting (shameless pen15art.com plug). Or at an art museum. Or traveling. Or stuffing my face. I love Fooooood.
6. Who are some of your favorite bands and musicians?
Rolling Stones. The Avett Brothers. Bob Dylan. Prince. Pink Floyd. Muddy Waters.
7. People are constantly talking about porn being a “dying business” and that “there’s no money in porn anymore”. Is any of that true?
There will always be money in porn. It will just keep evolving. You can’t just show up to set and suck a cock anymore. You have to be your own business and build an empire. You have to hustle to make money. You have to be a social media whore. Webcam. Have a website. Promos. Events. Toys. Etc.
8. What can we expect to see from you in the second half of 2014?
I’m doing a movie for Blacked.com which is pretty cool because I had sexual intercourse with Prince and other awesome men. Greg Lansky is directing it and it’s going to be the movie of the year!!!!!!!!!! Lol
[schema type=”person” name=”Dani Daniels” jobtitle=”Pornstar, Director, Painter” url=”https://twitter.com/MissDaniDaniels” description=”Dani Daniels is an American pornstar and adult film director. She began her porn career in 2011 as a strictly girl/girl performer, but has since expanded into boy/girl films as well. Dani Daniels has been nominated for several major industry awards and won the 2013 AVN award for Best Girl/Girl Scene and the 2014 XBIZ award for Best Actress (All Girl Release).” bday=”1989-09-23″ ]